Galeries Lafayette, Paris
FlagshipThe story of Galeries Lafayette starts in 1895, when Théophile Bader and Alphonse Kahn opened a fashion store at the corner of rue La Fayette and the Chaussée d'Antin, in Paris.Read more
Photo: Morten Rakke
Year1912 (The mall has since been renovated)
ArchitectGeorges Chedanne and Ferdinand Chanut (Originally)
Galeries Lafayette is one of the world’s most famous and Paris most luxurious department store, established in 1895. The building is most known for it’s famous domed hall and illuminated façade.
When the facade was recently renovated, the ground floor was decorated with Lundhs Blue and Lundhs Emerald in addition to Balmoral Red from Palin Granit. Lundhs had no influence or details regarding the selection of these materials, but it is a quality mark for Blue Pearl and Emerald Pearl that these were two out of three materials chosen for decorating the facade of Galeries Lafayette.